Friday, February 19, 2010

Sophia Jacqueline is here

















Sophia Jacqueline is here and we are just thrilled. The photo above is me moments before we headed to the hospital at around 7:45pm Monday, Februray 15th. This was my actually due date with Sophia. I had been having contractions all day, but they weren't bad at all. Once I arrived at the hospital I was dillated to a 6 and 4 hours later we had Sophia with no medication and one push! It was just an amazing delivery experience.


Many people have told me through the last week of my pregnancy that they were praying for me and many more people have said that I was on their minds and in their prayers on that specific day. I was so humbled by so many people lifting me up in prayer, because to be honest I just wasn't able to pray for it myself. God blessed me and Rusty so much through the power of prayer. I wanted this experience to go so well and it exceeded my expectations.


Sophia Jacqueline was born at 11:06pm weighing 7lbs 13oz 21in. with dark brown, almost black, hair. Her middle name is here Daddy's Grandmother's name that passed this June. We knew her as Granny.


I will tell you more when I get time. Man, having two little ones is a lot of work, but we are really doing well, just a little tired.

8 comments:

Charity said...

Sophia is beautiful! Congrats on the all-natural birth. Can't say that I have that pain tolerance!

Hannah said...

Congrats!!! She's a gorgeous one! I wouldn't expect anything less from that family of yours!
SO glad to hear that your delivery was so amazing. What a blessing.
Praying for you as you start out life as a mama of TWO!!

Mendy said...

She is so beautiful. You all are a very good looking family. Good luck being a momma of two, it isn't always easy but I know you will be amazing at it. We are praying for you all and you new transition. Lov you

Kat said...

Yeah! I've been waiting for this post. BEAUTIFUL! So happy for you and your family. I am so proud of you!

albert & codie said...

So excited for you guys! I've been waiting for this post, too. You have a beautiful family. We are praying for you daily.

. said...

What a sweet girl! Congratulations on the great delivery. We'll thinking of you all as you adjust in the coming weeks. (It just keeps getting easier every day.) :)
-Michelle N

MelanieJ781 said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful blessing. I personally know, as you do too, that a sister (especially one close in age) is the greatest gift in the world! Have fun with your girls!

Amanda said...

so glad the delivery was so easy! what a blessing! congrats!

Powered By Blogger